Author Topic: New to me used Gatorpit Predator  (Read 384 times)

Offline hammyq

• Fire Pit
New to me used Gatorpit Predator
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
Ran across a Gatorpit Predator in Denver Craigslist 6 weeks ago. knowing the quality cookers they were i called the guy, however he was asking little more then I was willing to pay. Low and behold I searched again Sunday night and it was up again this time with OBO. I threw an offer and thankfully the guy accepted my offer.

We don't have much real BBQ here in Colorado and very few stick burners due to lack of abundant wood. However as luck as would have it I just purchased my old farm in Oklahoma where have quite a bit of post oak, hickory and pecan to fuel this monster. I tend to lean towards Texas style with salt/pepper and lots of brisket but plenty of ribs and pulled pork. I was fortunate to get opportunity to cook for a wedding last year using my Cookshack FEC 100, which has opened some doors to cook for some private events. This beautiful smoker is my key to get to do that. Ive also always wanted to do competition and hopefully get to do hat some this summer.

Ritch has already been bothered multiple times and graciously answered my questions before I picked it up. Today I brought it home. Went to car wash. scraped out the inside of who knows how many years of residue. Gratifying but messy job indeed. Treated the inside with pam, the fired it up to play. I obviously have some work learning to tune her but that should be done next weekend.

Anyway, little long there but man am I excited about this cooker and darn glad to be an owner of one.
Jon
Gatorpit Predator
Cookshack FEC100
Cookshack 45 x 2
Green Egg
Green Mountain Davy Jones ( not by fav)

Offline Gator Ritch

• Administrator
  • Texas Legend
  • Texas Legend by Gator Pit of Texas
    • Gator Pit of Texas, LP
Re: New to me used Gatorpit Predator