Author Topic: Just put the order in!! 9/19/16  (Read 1557 times)

Offline tstead504

• Fire Pit
Just put the order in!! 9/19/16
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »
Have been doing research now for a well over a year on handmade pits and Gator Pits in particular, finally made the decision the pull the trigger! I was on my through Houston for a dealer meeting. Decided then would be a good time to swing by to sit down with Ritch and take a look at his shop as well as get a first hand look at his welders level of craftsmanship, which is top notch to say the least! I decided on the Ritch's Edition with a few modifications that he and I thought would benefit my cooking style and needs. I was told it will take 6 to 8 months for the build to get pulled and about a week or two for it to be completed once pulled.

If any body has any suggestions or other ideas as far as modifications go please chime in as I am all ears and completely open to suggestions. One thing I'm on the fence about is doing dual smoke stacks...

See build (as of now) below.

2448 Smoker
Single door with counterweight
Tuning plates
14" Stainless steel shelf
3 Temp gauges
2" Ball valve
1/2" Square firebox
Diamond slide air vent (dual)
Gas assist
Fire poker/ash rake
Carni top rack
Birdhouse stack
6" Casters w/ foot brakes
Stainless steel gator on firebox
D-rings
Quad instrument ports

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:26:49 PM by tstead504 »

Offline Steve H

• Custom Captivator
  • Fire Pit
Re: Just put the order in!! 9/19/16
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »
Tstead sounds like you got that Rich's Edition loaded my advise is to watch all the YouTube videos and if your like the rest of us you'll always find things you can add.I started with a 20x40 basic  party gator ended up with a Captivitor with all kind of custom  features the wait goes by quick think there starting on mine next week. The cooking class Rich offers with Kevin and Kurt is  awesome I've been cooking Q  for 30 yrs and still learned a lot from these guys so if you get a chance go. That's my two cents welcome to the Gator pit family  T-up

Offline CB83

• BBQ Aficionado
  • Fire Pit
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 05:19:44 PM »
Welcome in tstead504!  T-up Like SteveH said check out Ritch's videos on youtube...on second thought don't if you don't want to spend more money  2fun but seriously take a look at the videos...especially Darryl in Cincy...he does a good walk through of the various options that were available when he got his.  T-up

Offline tstead504

• Fire Pit
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »
I've watched the majority of the videos he has on youtube and that's partially the reason I went with the Ritch Edition. I would really like to take the cooking classes he puts on as well, probably something I'll have to plan to do when I pick up the pit.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline tstead504

• Fire Pit
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
FINALLY got the call!!! Sent my plans to the welder April 2nd, hoping to pick it up before the end of the month. Made a few more mods to the final pit, all cosmetic though. WOOO, I'm excited! 

Offline tstead504

• Fire Pit
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
Well turns out the good news was prematurely brought to my attention, as I made a follow up call to check the status 3 weeks later and they still have NOT begun working on the pit.... after 1 year 7 months and many thousands of dollars later I am getting rather discouraged. :(