Author Topic: On the waiting list for a party gator  (Read 5764 times)

Offline betoelgallo

• Fire Pit
On the waiting list for a party gator
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Ordered a party gator last week standard model with some extras
Joined the waiting room to listen to experiences and opinions on that model
Hope to hear from other gator owners and view some pics of thier pit fired up with the grill loaded with food
Thank you  very much   Can't wait to view responses
Betoelgallo

Offline Razorback

• Fire Pit
Re: On the waiting list for a party gator
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »
I too ordered a party gator on 4/28. And now the wait. My 22 year old Weber is not going to last much longer, have some brats on it now. I, like you keep waiting for other bothers to show their hardware in some pic's.

And now we wait! T-up

Offline betoelgallo

• Fire Pit
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »
Yes the long wait my only regret is that I didn't do it last year when I first started looking at gator pits
Got me square 1/2 inch fire box and stainless steel front shelf and bird house stack
Locking casters so it can stay in place gonna have a sliding air intake with a design I found online
Gonna have to add bottle opener and another food tray in my fire box for searing
I'm sure I think of something within the next ten months
What you all think so far

BETOELGALLO

Offline bradiator

• Fire Pit
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
Sounds like a great pit there.  Need to consider gas assist. I ordered gas assist on my pit cause ritch sold me on the fact of ease of use and the reduced time it takes to get the pit up to operating temperature.

Offline betoelgallo

• Fire Pit
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
The  gas assist feature is very convenient  I really like the way it works on the utube videos
I have considered it but is not in the budget this party gator is already in the ball park figures for me
I already like my propane burner and charcoal chimney combination. Have red hot coals ready in a few minutes as well then place some oak or mesquite on top of them coals at least that's how I do it now it should be just as easy on my new gator   No don't want to add gas assist I'm really lookin to keep my pit an only fire and wood pit
Thanks you for your response much appreciated got me considering it but decided not to

BETOELGALLO

Offline NYgriller

• Fire Pit
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
With gas assist you only use it to get the wood burning then you shut it off no more need for charcoal. You not cooking with gas. It will be on mine once I order it.

Offline Ripper

• Fire Pit
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »
I ordered it on my 2448 coming in Nov-Dec.

Offline APerine

• Mr. 2448
  • Fire Pit
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
I ordered it on my 2448 coming in Nov-Dec.

Ripper - you and I ordered around the same time (Feb). What makes you think Nov-Dec? I was told roughly 28 weeks which puts us around Sept...
The only smoking I will be doing is on my Gator Pit.

Offline Ripper

• Fire Pit
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »
Check out "WillyG" post.  Him and I ordered in Feb.   He stopped by GP in May and confirmed we are still 8 months out. 

Offline Ripper

• Fire Pit
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »
Just confirmed it.  It's about a 12 month wait. 

Offline APerine

• Mr. 2448
  • Fire Pit
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
Just confirmed it.  It's about a 12 month wait. 

That's odd....I spoke with them last week and they confirmed 28 weeks from the time I ordered my pit...

Offline Ripper

• Fire Pit
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »
Let's hope your right.   

Offline andrewtatton

• Fire Pit
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »
Ritch hired an additional welder since May; this might have moved up expected completions a bit. The wait is worth it, to all y'all. I've done it three times now. Worth it every time.

Offline APerine

• Mr. 2448
  • Fire Pit
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »
Ritch hired an additional welder since May; this might have moved up expected completions a bit. The wait is worth it, to all y'all. I've done it three times now. Worth it every time.

Seeing that you've been through this a couple of times, could you break down this process a little bit better than "when you get the call?" Ritch explained the process, but how realistic is the time tables given? With us ordering in Feb, what do you think is a good ETA to go by when given a 7 months lead time? I've made some modifications to my order but nothing major, mostly little things like fire poker and ash rake. So I doubt that would make the lead time longer.

Offline Razorback

• Fire Pit
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »
Hey guy, I ordered in late April and sitting waiting patiently. Not really. I like the gas assit but here is what I am planning on doing so I can afforad some other extras. Look up weed burner on home depot or lowes. $50  and you have a fire starter and can afford some other goodies Rtich has to offer.