Author Topic: Gas Stove burners  (Read 7124 times)

Offline txpgapro

• Entertainer
Gas Stove burners
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:18:14 AM »
Are your burners any different than the basic turkey fryers?  Are they more powerful and put out a hotter, stronger flame? I have the basic Bayou Cajun Cooker and it takes forever to boil water.  Just trying to decide if I need to add that to my list of needs for my Bandit.
Fairway's & Green's Pard'!
              Mike

"The more I'm around some people, the more I like my dog." -- Sonny Burgess

Offline Gator Ritch

• Administrator
  • Texas Legend
  • Texas Legend by Gator Pit of Texas
    • Gator Pit of Texas, LP
Gas Stove burners
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 10:57:12 AM »
Got three types of burners:

Metal Fusion low pressure
Metal Fusion high pressure
And the bad ass Gator Burner that we fab in our shop.  Blows a flame like a 500,000 BTU weed burner and sounds like a jet engine taking off.  This one is not for everyone  :)  

Ask anyone that has the Gator Burner.  This is what we put in our fireboxes for the log assist lighter.  You will probably never turn on high.
Ritchey Robin
Pit Designer and Manufacturer
Gator Pit of Texas
11161 West Little York
Houston, Texas 77041
Toll Free: 1-866-869-5166
Email: info@gatorpit.net
Voted "Best Mobile Barbecue Pit" Houston Pres

Offline txpgapro

• Entertainer
Gas Stove burners
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 11:45:22 AM »
Ok Ritch - Now answer the ?'s  You're starting to sound like my wife. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Fairway's & Green's Pard'!
              Mike

"The more I'm around some people, the more I like my dog." -- Sonny Burgess

Offline bandit05

• Entertainer
  • Bandit Premier
Gas Stove burners
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:06:20 AM »
txpgapro

I have one of those gas burners that Rich makes at his shop.  Let me tell you I brough 4 gallons of peanut oil to 375 degrees in 13 minutes and the ball valve was only 1/4 turn!.  It is a beast to say the least!

LOL when it gets dark light the burner and turn it on about 1/8 turn and watch the flame shoot over the stack of the upright.  It looks cool, but the neighbors don't like it!  If you turn it on any more without a pot over it for back pressure, it will blow out.  If I changed any thing I would get the same burner with a needle valve.  It gives you a little more heat control and you still have that bad boy burner.

Rich is not joking about the noise.  It sounds like an F18 at cruising speed!

Offline Grand Scale

• Bandit
Gas Stove burners
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 10:29:52 AM »
I have the Badass burner in the firebox and just can't imagine that thing being used under a pot. That thing is sick!
I agree that it is way way more than most people (including myself) would want or need for general cooking.

Offline bandit05

• Entertainer
  • Bandit Premier
Gas Stove burners
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 11:02:01 AM »
It is great for boiling seafood but it also is good for frying turkey.  All of the seasoning that settles to the bottom will be stuck to the bottom of the pot.  I came off easily with a brillo pad.

I love mine.