Author Topic: New Wheels for a Backyard Classic Chef  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Smoke Eater

• Fire Pit
New Wheels for a Backyard Classic Chef
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
Hi all,

Scored a backyard Classic Chef off craigslist for a song. I have wanted this pit for years, and couldn't believe my good fortune! Its 8-10 years old and needs some TLC. Already took an angle grinder with wire wheel to it and got the rust off. Painted and reseasoned and looking pretty good now. The original blue rubber wheels have disintegrated in the Texas heat. I found some on McMasterCarr that look like they should fit for about $20/each. They are rubber treads that support 890 lbs each, 6" x 2" and about 2.25" at the hub with a straight roller bearing. Anyone have any wheels that worked out for you? Otherwise will probably get a set of these.....

Need to get the doors to seal a bit better, replace the rack in the firebox, and order up a new Gator Pit sticker, and we should be in business!!!!  T-up

Offline Gator Ritch

• Administrator
  • Texas Legend
  • Texas Legend by Gator Pit of Texas
    • Gator Pit of Texas, LP
Re: New Wheels for a Backyard Classic Chef
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:32:05 AM »
Go with an All-Weather caster and match the diameter and width of your existing casters.  Then you can unbolt the axle bolt and nut and install the new casters.  I have them, if you can't find them.
Ritchey Robin
Pit Designer and Manufacturer
Gator Pit of Texas
11161 West Little York
Houston, Texas 77041
Toll Free: 1-866-869-5166
Email: info@gatorpit.net
Voted "Best Mobile Barbecue Pit" Houston Pres