Author Topic: How To Brisket 101 by Ritch  (Read 8563 times)

Offline Gator Ritch

• Administrator
  • Texas Legend
  • Texas Legend by Gator Pit of Texas
    • Gator Pit of Texas, LP
How To Brisket 101 by Ritch
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:23:25 AM »
BRISKET 101
HOW TO SLICE, STORE, AND REHEAT COOKED BEEF BRISKET:
Slicing, storing, and reheating  brisket:
Brisket is easy to slice while warm but difficult to slice when cold. After cooking the brisket and letting it rest, slice the brisket across the grain and arrange in a baking dish or disposable foil pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate. To reheat, spritz the meat with apple juice or low-sodium beef broth and add 1/8" of the same liquid to the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and heat in a 200-250°F oven or smoker until warmed to your liking. For those that like a little BBQ sauce, just before serving, brush on a thin layer of your favorite barbecue sauce to give the slices a nice sheen.
If you prefer to keep the cooked brisket whole and unsliced, wrap it in foil and refrigerate. Before reheating, open the foil and add some juice or broth as described above, and close the foil tightly.  Heat in the oven or smoker at 200-250°F until warmed to your liking, then slice and serve.
To freeze a whole, cooked brisket, wrap it tightly in foil and place in a 2-gallon Ziploc bag. Defrost the brisket in the refrigerator before reheating in foil as described above.
Meat in sealed Foodsaver bags can also be reheated in boiling water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, place the sealed bag in the water, turn off the heat, and let sit in the hot water until warmed to your liking.
For real custom smokers and grills, cooking tips, recipes, and more How-To, visit Gator Pit’s website and Forum www.gatorpit.net.  It is FREE to view without joining or you can join for FREE and enjoy all that our Gator Pit BBQ forum has to offer.  Enjoy browsing hundreds of custom BBQ Smokers and Grills.  Our pits are shipped world-wide and have been recognized by Texas Monthly Magazine, Food Channel, Food Network, Discovery Channel, Voted “Best BBQ Pit” by the Houston Press, and the list goes on.  Voted “Top Ten Coolest BBQ Pits” in the US and abroad.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:10:24 AM by Gator Ritch »
Ritchey Robin
Pit Designer and Manufacturer
Gator Pit of Texas
11161 West Little York
Houston, Texas 77041
Toll Free: 1-866-869-5166
Email: info@gatorpit.net
Voted "Best Mobile Barbecue Pit" Houston Pres

atlaturne

Re: How To Brisket 101 by Ritch
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »
Ritch-I appreciate this post.As a newbie,I would welcome more BBQ 101 info from those who are experienced.It is very helpfull to be able to get such info.Thanks

Offline DarylCincy

• Bandit
    • DW's Southern Cooking
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
Great tips Ritch!
This past weekend I pulled some Brisket out of the freezer and warmed it up this way in the oven, I think it was better than it was two months ago when I cooked it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:03:26 AM by DarylCincy »
DarylCincy
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarylCincy
24x42cc w/24x22fb Party Gator!

Offline Late Innings

• Backyard Classic Chef
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
I know this is an old inactive thread but I wanted to comment on something Rich mentioned.
Foodsaver bags!!  I've had a Foodsaver Vacuum sealer for a few years now and that thing is AWESOME!  I currently have one upright freezer and 3 working refrigerators in my home.  If you open any of my freezers you'll see nothing but vacuum sealed bags.
My wife and I have a lake place about 3 hrs away and go boating every weekend making it nearly impossible for me to bbq on weekends during summer, so I'll do about 10 racks of ribs and vaccum seal them, usually in half racks. Whenever we want ribs we just place the bag in a pot of water brought to just under a boil... it can go in the water frozen and in about 20 min they're warmed through perfectly!  and always nice and moist!   (We so look forward to coming off the water after a long day, and having slow cooked ribs with only having to heat up a pot of water!) 
I freeze nearly everything in those bags!  Liquids require being frozen in a mold first, then the next day popped out of the mold and into a foodsaver bag.  I currently have about 40 cups of beef stock, 40 of chicken stock, several cups of pizza sauce, all made from scratch and they'll hold for probably 3 times as long as they would if they weren't vacuum sealed! 
-Jim