Author Topic: Skirt steak roulade  (Read 10729 times)

Offline BearBonez

• Backyard Classic Chef
Skirt steak roulade
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »
1 skirt steak pounded thin
juice of 2 limes and 1 orange
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 cloves minced garlic
1 shallot minced
2 tbsp chile powder
1 fine chopped jalepeno
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Mix all the ingredients into a gallon freezer bag, and place steak into it.  Put in fridge and let marinate overnight.

Lay out the steak, and and layer onto it, 1 c of shredded queso fresco, 2 green onion stalks chopped, about 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro leaves, and 1 roasted pasilla or poblano chile. Roll it lengthwise so when it is sliced it will across the grain. Truss together with butcher twine. Grill indirect using mesquite chips, a few sprigs of fresh sage and rosemary on the coals for smoke.
 Grill 4 sides for 5 minutes each for a total of 20 minutes.

Offline Paul the Gatorslayer

• Fire Pit
Re: Skirt steak roulade
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
Wow, sounds awesome and familar. I once tried something similar that came out great. I basically rolled a skirt steak with a spinach, cilantro, spices and an olive oil paste on one side of it, rolled it, and then tied it off. When it was done smokin and I cut into it, the roast had a green "G" in it. Had to name the recipe after my kid who's nickname is G-Man. The "G-Man" Roast was born. I'll definetly try your recipe next time. Sounds like it will have a bit more kick to it. Thanks for sharing.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:20:16 AM by Paul the Gatorslayer »

Offline Brew BQ

• Entertainer
  • Pit: Budget Mobile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
Remember guys, a  snp** is worth a thousand words!

Besides that, it does sound great!  One of these days I'll have to try the "exotic" BBQing again.  The last time I tried something like that it was pretty disastrous.  :(
...because life is too short to drink cheap beer!

NASCAR: No Athletic Skills Centered Around Rednecks

Offline Paul the Gatorslayer

• Fire Pit
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:15:47 AM »
Brew,

Lol, I have never been accused of being a wizard on the computer and have struggled big time trying to post pics on a fly fishing message board I belong to. Sorry, because I have a cool pic of that "G" that appeared in my rolled roast experiment. And more importantly, it tasted great with a beer.

I hope everyone had a super Easter.

Paul

Offline BitesFood

• Fire Pit
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »
I'm gonna try using this recipe!

Thanks!