Author Topic: Essential BBQ tools and accessories  (Read 19403 times)

Offline 1044

• Bandit
Essential BBQ tools and accessories
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »
Quote from: Hankerin Bar-B-Q
...On the ice chests, I've got a 70qt Coleman Xtreme (5-day cooler) and I love it for both keeping raw meat on ice and holding hot 'Q, but it's not big enough to hold enough raw mixed meat on ice for 70 people. I saw on their website that they make 100qt size. How about 4 - 100qt coolers to start?
__Furniture dollies. Why you ask? Because those ice chests full of meat get HEAVY. They make it easy to maneuver all that weight without needing help or hurting oneself (except for loading and unloading...

Ditto. I have several 150 qt. coolers. Not only do you need the dolly to move them loaded, consider one more thing. If possible, put the cooler in the truck before loading. Once loaded, the handles are not necessarily sufficient to the task.

You WILL pull them loose if you try to drag the cooler by the handle. Even with hands on both ends, you still run the chance of ripping them out when lifting.

I am going to get some SS straps to put on the inside and bolt through with SS bolts.
"Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little."
-British statesman Edmund Burke

Offline Pitmaster

• Fire Pit
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:12:12 AM »
Hey Rory, getthat new pit yet?
John

Offline Rory

• Fire Pit
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »
No, not yet :(

Yesterday Chris said that it's still scheduled to ship this week, but I think that if it ships today or tomorrow it's probably not going to actually get here until next week.  That's ok though, I actually wouldn't have much time to play with it this weekend due to other commitments.
Stop. Think. There must be a harder way.

Offline 3970010

• Backyard Classic Chef
    • http://www.gulfjanitorservices.com
Re: Essential BBQ tools and accessories
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »
I always keep a pair of welding gloves with me too. I use these for reaching in the firebox to move the wood around when it aint like I want it. Just a thought. I know this thread is old but it may help.
Proud Budget Mobile Owner!!!!!!!!